Friday, May 11, 2012

5 For Friday

1. I've finished my 'Week in the Life' album.

IMG_0796

It's going to go in my 'Project Life' 12 by 12 album. The lighting was the pits this evening so I only have a few quick shots. Sunday is still my favourite photo even if it is a little blurry.

IMG_0789

I decided to go with a thin strip of journaling on kraft paper for the second 12 by 12 protector. I was going to sew between the journaling and the photo collage but realized if I did that I would have to cut the 12 by 12 photo on the coordinating page as well and I just didn't want to do that. So, I kept the journaling simple-stamping the numbers for each of the collage photos and then handwriting the rest.

IMG_0793

For both my title page and each of my journaling strips I used the new Studio Calico weekday stamps which I simply adore. I see them showing up on lots of 'project life' work throughout the year.

2. I have another sneak peek of a little easy project I did this month with 'The Paperie's' May kit.

IMG_0774

Those sayings seemed to really speak to me. They are from a simple sheet of Jillibean cardstock but I thought that the advice they gave served as an excellent decorative item and so I used some navy, green and kraft cardstock, a few pop dots and framed it for my scrapbooking room.

IMG_0775

3. *NOTE: shameless plug here. Tomorrow I'm going to be at 'The Paperie' with lots of these goodies...

IMG_7670 IMG_7661 IMG_7659 IMG_6499

Among other delicious things!

My little baking company, Taffety, is doing a special Mother's Day bake sale at the store from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Come check us out and pick up some treats for that special woman in your life-or just treat yourself to something sweet and delicious!

4. Studio Calico came out with their new line this week. Sneaks can be found on the blog. I am beyond excited that the alpha from 'Stepping Stone' will be making an appearance on shelves everywhere come June. I LOVED it but couldn't nab it for myself on reveal day! I'm excited to pick it up when it comes out.

5. Speaking of Studio Calico-my UPS man should be delivering a big box of goodies today! I'm pumped. Not only is my main kit in there but so are the new 'Project Life' stamps that Kelly Purkey designed. Very excited about those.

Extra: 6. Washi Workshop at SC?! Need I ay more. Might have to sign up for that one! My collection of Washi continues to grow. Bring on the ideas!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo
K

7 comments:

  1. Love your album, and all the tasty goodies just made me hungry. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to bake today! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute 12 x 12 Project Life! I've only seen the divided pocket pages ones. Love the CAS title page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my mouth watering!! YUM! I would like to invite you to play along at:
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    I would LOVE to have you join us for fun and prizes!

    I would also love to follow your blog (if that's OK with you), and would love to have you visit and follow mine. Thanks for a great blog to visit! Lots of beautiful things to see!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on finishing the album. Those goodies just look terrible (kidding, I'm on a medical diet so I am dreaming about goodies). The framed art is a terrific idea--and you said simple? (please allow URL posting, I don't like to use my google account..www.whosthischick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that jillibean soup frame. great idea!

    ReplyDelete